208: Gods

Number 208
(8 points)
Gods
1992: 61

Here come the Bitmap Brothers again, with a platformer.
The story apparently involves a man proving himself to the eponymous gods in order to become one of them, but regardless, you have to jump around platforms, throwing knifes and unlocking doors. The play style is different to most platformers, in that you can't realistically run through the game, but should instead proceed with caution, and there are countless hidden rooms that you can choose to explore for extra items. As with other Bitmap Brothers games, the audio and visual side is excellent, which combined with the tight gameplay and complex levels creates a game that is well remembered today.

I did play this way back when, though on my Bitmap Brothers Collection on DOS, but I never got particularly far in it. Maybe because it uses passwords instead of saving, or maybe it just didn't grab me. I do feel like I should give it more of a chance someday, as it's far from a generic platformer.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):
Gods v1.00 (1991-03-28)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL]
Gods v1.00 (1991-03-28)(Renegade)(Disk 2 of 2)

Comments