171: Celtic Legends

Number 171
(14.8 points)
Celtic Legends
1992: 27

There are a good few strategy games populating this list, and here we have a colourful yet less celebrated entry to entertain you.

The atmospheric introduction details the plot, but the basic idea is that there are a series of islands which you must rid of goblins, while watching out for savages who don't appreciate either you or your green foes. Although you have soldiers to assist you, your character is a wielder of magic, and magic will be essential to your conquest.

Well, here we go again, a strategy game that I'm not really getting. Sure, this one isn't quite as impenetrable as some that have come before it, but nevertheless it just doesn't appeal to me. I think I get the idea of controlling your soldier, casting spells and whatnot, but there just doesn't seem to be a lot there, and I don't have much patience for it. Sorry, I'm the wrong reviewer for this kind of stuff.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):
Celtic Legends (1991)(Ubi Soft)(M4)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr SR]
Celtic Legends (1991)(Ubi Soft)(M4)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr SR]

Comments