181: Starglider 2

Number 181
(12.2 points)
Starglider 2
1991: 43 (5.8)
1995: 93 (6.4)

For a game so early in the Amiga's life, Starglider 2 is quite an ambitious 3D space shooter.
Your task is to explore the nearby galaxy in search for parts to build a neutron bomb. You can fly into space, taking off from the planet, and land on other worlds, as long as you can avoid the space pirates on the way. The game came with a novella, which gave clues as to where you might need to go.

Okay guys, this isn't the first time that I've been completely baffled by a game, but here I go again. I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do. I've watched playthroughs, I've read solutions, I've perused whatever documentation I can find, and none of it helps me understand what the purpose actually is. I fly in the tunnels and get lost, I fly around the surface pointlessly, I fly into space but don't know where I should go. Sorry, I tried, but I'm out.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):
Starglider 2 (1988)(Rainbird)[cr UA - WOW]

Comments