147: Bill's Tomato Game

Number 147
(23.2 points)
Bill's Tomato Game
1993: 43

I'm not sure I buy the plot of a tomato and his girlfriend going on an adventure, but it's a good excuse for this unusual puzzler.
Basically, you have to get Bill the tomato from one side of the screen to the other, using a range of implements such as fans and trampolines (he is a tomato, after all: he's not exactly mobile). There is a time limit to get him across safely, and several lives in which to do it. If you can manage it, you receive a password to allow you to continue from that level in future - which negates the need for lives, somewhat. There aren't many games of this style, even today, so it may still hold appeal for some.

I'm very picky about puzzle games: some I love, some I hate. It depends on the type of puzzles involved. Personally, this is the kind of game I would get frustrated with before too long. The big plus about puzzle games is that - my opinion aside - they're still very much playable due to their unique styles, so give it a try. It did come out on Mega Drive too, but although the graphics are identical, it plays very differently.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):
Bill's Tomato Game (1992)(Psygnosis)[cr CSL][t +3 CSL]

Comments