125: Projectyle

Number 125
(37.8 points)
Projectyle
1991: 69 (3.2)
1992: 88 (2.6)
1993: 56 (18.0)
1994: 91 (6.0)
1996: 93 (8.0)

Another milestone, as we encounter our first five-time appearance. A futuristic sports simulator, Projectyle would constantly surface near the basement of the Top 100.
The object is to score goals, and there are three teams involved. There are several rooms in which the game is played, and each team has several goals. If you are the last player to touch the ball into a goal belonging to either opposing team, you score a goal. In each room, each team controls a single spherical player, who can make a charging attack at either the ball or other players. The explanation is a little tricky, but within a minute of playing, it becomes very clear how to play.

This took me by surprise, as much as a five-time entrant to the Top 100 lists can. It's such a basic game once you start playing, but I can imagine it being a lot of fun, especially with multiple players (all three can be human-controlled). It's the kind of game that I wish would get a modern update, and online play to play with other people, because the only negative I have to say about it is that I'm not sure I can find two other people to play it with me. Try it yourself.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):
Projectyle (1990)(Electronic Arts)[cr PDX]

Comments