72: Pacific Islands

Number 72
(83.6 points)
Pacific Islands
1992: 63 (7.6)
1993: 51 (20.0)
1994: 53 (28.8)
1995: 67 (27.2)

Before the War in the Gulf, Empire used their unusual action-strategy game engine in the Pacific Islands.
Much of what can be said about this game was already said about War in the Gulf in an earlier entry: you control four teams of tanks through a screen of four windows. You tell them where to go through a map screen, and you survey your surroundings and fire your weapons through a first-person view. It can be difficult to see where attacks from the enemy are coming from, and the control system will take some getting used to, but everything is laid out in a clear way.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of War in the Gulf, and this is basically the same thing with a different setting. I don't have much else to say about it, really, though I can see that I lack the tactical nous to succeed in this as my tanks always get blown up before I've even got sight of the enemy, so maybe that's the problem.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):
Pacific Islands (1992)(Empire)(Disk 1 of 2)(Intro)[cr FLT]
Pacific Islands (1992)(Empire)(Disk 2 of 2)(Game)[cr FLT][bootable]

Comments