81: CarVup

Number 81
(73.5 points)
CarVup
1991: 40 (6.1)
1992: 94 (1.4)
1996: 35 (66.0)

Amazingly, this would have been in the 200s in my list if it had just been forgotten about after 1992, but for some reason it came back in the final list with an impressive 35th place, skyrocketing it up my list into number 81. Someone in the team must've been feeling nostalgic, so let's find out why.
You control a cute little red car, driving around a level of platforms, and your task is to drive over all parts of the platforms, after which you pass to the next level. If this sounds a bit like City Connection, it's because it's exactly like that, although the levels are usually a bit shorter as there are fewer platforms to complete, and there are lots of items and power-ups to collect on your way.

As I mentioned, it's a surprise to see this so far up the list, but clearly someone on the final list remembered how much they enjoyed playing it, but really, I'm not so convinced. I like City Connection, and this is quite a lot like that, but on the Amiga. If I had to choose between the two, I prefer the other one, but maybe this is more enjoyable for some as it's a bit more forgiving.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):
CarVup (1991)(Core)[cr Scandalous]

Comments