61: Lamborghini American Challenge

Number 61
(96.2 points)
Lamborghini American Challenge
1994: 40 (36.6)
1995: 59 (33.6)
1996: 75 (26.0)

Remember Crazy Cars 3? Well, it's pretty much the same game, but this version got picked for the Top 100 lists instead after it came out, because it's slightly better.
There is very little to add about this game: it's a sprite-based third-person racer where you bet against other drivers and use the winnings to improve your car. The main difference - besides the sponsorship - is the addition of a split-screen two-player mode.

Well, I said I wouldn't say much last time, but in fairness, there's not much to say now. I like the game, this style appeals to me, and I've seen a few independent games recently try to emulate it, so I'm clearly not the only one. I'd give it a whirl, if I were you.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):

Lamborghini American Challenge (1994)(Titus)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr PDX]
Lamborghini American Challenge (1994)(Titus)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr PDX]

Comments