36: Tetris Pro

Number 36
(141 points)
Tetris Pro
1994: 51 (30.0)
1995: 41 (48.0)
1996: 38 (63.0)

Tetris? Again? It's the third one in the list! Well, apparently this is the best one on the Amiga, so we'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
Everyone should know what Tetris is at this point, but Tetris Pro distinguishes itself by uncovering a picture with every line you remove. Eventually the whole picture is shown, and you continue on to the next one. Other than that, it doesn't do too much more than any other version of Tetris, but being a well-made public domain version of the game, the Amiga Power team became big fans.

Not sure whether I really need to pass judgement on another Tetris game, but all I can say is that I'm not terribly good at Tetris, so I couldn't even uncover the first picture. To be honest, the pictures aren't exactly that exciting anyway. Now I think about it, I'm not sure why this game was featured so prominently in the lists, except that all six lists had one Tetris game, and this was their favourite.

Recommended TOSEC disk(s):
Tetris Pro v1.5 (1993)(2KAD - Logic Systems)(PD)

Comments